I am based in Kemptown in sunny Brighton and offer a range
of organic garden services all over Brighton and
Hove, focusing on environmental sustainability and good
gardening practices. With a trailer full of tools
I am able to carry out most gardening work from major clearances to general maintenance, mowing,
pruning, turfing and planting.
at email@example.com or call me on
07989 972738 with
- It doesn't feel like it but I've been established for over 6 years now. Thanks to all my customers and suppliers, here's to the next 6 years!
- In a weekend in May I went to mow a meadow. As part of a team of 7 scythes and many more grass collectors we cleared most of the pheasant field beside Lag Wood in Hassocks. This was the first step in the process of turning the field back into a wild flower meadow. Details and photos at www.lagwood.org.uk
- I was excited to spot and then identify a Scarlet Tiger Moth one sunny June days this year. I emailed the details to Sussex moth expert Colin Pratt who replied saying "It's an exceptionally beautiful moth which, up until recent years, was extinct in the county for many decades. This is a continental species that has now been established in the gyratory area of Brighton (!) since 2007 (after a brief Victorian try at settling)".
- I finally managed to get to Chelsea Flower Show last year and came home laden with flyers for many of the amazing plants we saw.
- I've enjoyed working for local solar power pioneers Firefly Solar, erecting gates and fences and taming the grounds around their warehouse and office.
- I also worked at Carlton Hill Primary School. I cleared a courtyard so teachers can enjoy a well earned rest in the fresh air, cleared some beds for classes to grow veg in and tidied around some of their new playground equipment.
- I went to watch the recording of Gardeners Question Time in Shoreham. It was really interesting to see how it all works and to put faces to the names I've listened to so many times on Radio 4. A really enjoyable evening was had by all.
- I completed a weekend long scything course with Brighton Permaculture Trust and am now proud owner of a fine Austrian Scythe, and I know how to use it! This was the third course I've done with BPT and again it was well run and enjoyable.
- I've was asked to exhibit at a Green Gardening and Living Fair in October a couple of years ago where "you can experience a weekend packed with local food, eco-crafts, green gardening stalls and “green” family activities". It was at Nymans National Trust property near Haywards Heath, a beautiful property and a great day out.
- I was lucky enough to be short listed for the first ever Argus Eco-Awards in the Green Business category the year I started my business. The
awards ceremony was a great
night. Well done to Greenmop for winning
and to Nigel's
Eco Store, the other runner up.
"Iain is a hard working, reliable and amenable gardener
to have around. He puts his all into any given task
and uses his initiative when the need arises. I wouldn't
hesitate in recommending him." Lisa Attwell, Lilybud
~ Gardens by Design
We are listed on the FreeIndex.co.ukGardening directory